Specific Design Glass Floor
Important notes prior to request
Specific design producer statement documents will only be provided to architectural and/or building construction drawings specifying Metro Performance Glass glazing systems. (Read more)
The glass floor RFI is typically used for interior or exterior horizontal glass panels:
- Not forming part of the upper weathertight boundary of the building/structure.
- For applications designed to be walked on. Can be internal non-trafficable areas, or exterior decks as well.
NOTE: roof panels (forming the weathertight boundary) are not regarded as glass floors, even if they are horizontal – please use the sloped glazing RFI.
Please have all of the following information available to complete the RFI form in one session:
- E-mail address for recipient of PS1.
- Project details (street address, owner/developer, client/designer).
- Building Consent Authority (the form has a drop-down list).
- Project occupancy type.
- Preferred glazing system (point support, structural sealant - 2 or 4 edge support, other).
- Panel sizes – maximum glass panel size & maximum unsupported size.
- Confirmation if the glass floor requires a non-slip coating.
- Any special architectural or acoustic requirements.
- Confirmation of movement separation (refer NZS 4223.1:2008 Section 3.8 Building Movement).
- Plan Elevation & fixing detail/cross section drawings.
Please note that the RFI form does not automatically save the entered information.
Some building related standards have recently been sponsored, and are available for free download from Standards NZ.