Specific Design Balustrade & Pool Fence
Important notes prior to request:
Specific design producer statement documents will only be provided to architectural and/or building construction drawings specifying Metro Performance Glass glazing systems. (Read more)
The specific design balustrade RFI is typically used for interior or exterior balustrade systems where:
- The balustrade or pool fence is on a building greater than 10m tall.
- The balustrade or pool fence is on a building less than 10m tall, but not designed to NZS3604 or NZS4229.
- The balustrades or pool fence is on a building requiring specific engineering design wind pressures.
- The balustrade or pool fence has fixing details that do not match those shown in our online balustrade catalogue.
- The balustrade or pool fence desired options are not available in the online generic PS1 request system.
Please have all of the following information available to complete the RFI form in one session:
- E-mail address for recipient of PS1.
- Project details (street address, owner/developer, client/designer).
- Building Consent Authority (the form has a drop-down list).
- Project windzone (windzone only for buildings <10m high), or design windloads (preferably a building wind-map), or building and site drawings for wind pressure calculation.
- Preferred balustrade hardware system.
- Details of the structure the balustrade will be fixed to.
- Balustrade height requirements.
- Preferred interlinking rail option, or specify glass without rail (where possible).
- Plan Elevation & fixing detail/cross section drawings.
Please note that the RFI form does not automatically save the entered information.
Some building related standards have recently been sponsored, and are available for free download from Standards NZ.