Generic Balustrade & Pool Fence PS1 requests
Important notes prior to request
* Please note that projects submitted after December 17th will be assessed after we resume our operations on January 13th.
Please register your details to receive an email with your PS1 request unique link. For all future projects you will need to request a new link. Please have all of the following information to complete the form in one session. Once you have completed and submitted the form you will no longer have access to the form and a copy will be sent to you for your records.
- Building consent authority (the form has a drop-down list).
- Client / designers name.
- E-mail address for receipt of PS1 document.
- Project street address.
- Project occupancy type.
- Project wind zone.
- Preferred balustrade system.
- Balustrade installation details (See note below)
Note – you will require the following information to complete the balustrade installation details:
- Side or base fixing & fixing substrate material.
- Max height of glass above adjacent ground/floor level.
- Design height “H” of glass panel (system drawings are provided within the form).
- Preferred glass type (laminated or toughened).
- Preferred rail or bracket detail (if required).
With the regulatory changes you may find some systems are no longer available as a selection option in the generic PS1 form (particularly in the case of timber fixings) e.g. PoziGlaze PG120B.
- NZS 3604 Timber framed buildings (not requiring Specific Engineering Design);
- NZS 4229 Concrete masonry buildings not requiring Specific Engineering Design;
- NZS 8500 Safety Barriers and fences around swimming pools, spas and hot tubs;
To purchase any of these standards click here.